This service makes it possible to borrow materials from other libraries outside IE. Faculty, Staff and Students, can request materials not held in our library through the interlibrary loan service. Students must specify the name of the professor and course, in order to get authorization, otherwise, the request will not be processed.
- Every request must be submitted by filling out the Interlibrary loan form below or through the “Request item” button in Worldcat. Multiple requests for one user will be managed in threes.
- The estimated time for the reception of the document is 10 days, as this service depends on external institutions this time may vary.
- Once the request has been submitted library staff will inform and guide the user through the whole process (pick up location, loan period, due date, etc.)
- Loan renewals will be considered an exception, and only available for Faculty, and can only be requested before the due date. We remind you that we have reprographic service in the IE Library.
- The same material may not be requested more than once during the academic year.
The interlibrary loan service is based on cooperation with other institutions therefore users need to comply strictly with the deadlines. User´s failure to return the material on time will imply a financial penalty. This ban applies to all users.
The users are responsible for the materials requested during the loan period. If a material is lost during the loan period, or returned in bad conditions, it will be the responsibility of the holder to replace that material.
When material is requested by ILL and is not used, a fine will be incurred to cover the service cost: 50€ for national loans and 75€ for international loans. Until fine is paid, the library reserves the right to refuse any IE Library services.
Interlibrary Loan Materials Circulation Policy for students:
All ILL inquiries will be processed as long as the user doesn’t have pending fines and/or overdue materials.
Students will be able to loan the Interlibrary Loan books and/or physical materials outside the library. Also photocopies and scanning of the materials are permitted as long as the author’s right law is respected.