My IE Library APP.
With the new IE Library APP, approachable for all the IE Community, you have available the IE Virtual Library 24 hours, 364 days anywhere in the world now from your smartphone.
With downloading the APP, you will be able to manage your IE Library personal space, consult the IE Catalog and access all the e-resources available (remember to log in with your IE credentials):
- Loans: borrow and return items; consult your loaned materials, their return date and renew your loans.
- Holds: make or cancel your holds, consult your position in the hold queue and check if the materials you have requested are available for pick up at the Library.
- Deadline Plus: check any possible outstanding Deadline Plus and pay it.
- Search IE Library: Find the documents that are most accurate to your needs in WorldCat, the world's largest library catalog.
IE Tags Beat.
IE Tags beat is an experience of sensory immersion, using gestural actions.
This project allows access to the the IE Schools electronic resources through the different types of documents, databases, e-books, electronic magazines, websites, newspapers and media, etc., mainly the ones most used by IE users.
This technology consists of the immersion in an artificial environment where the user feels just as immersed as they usually feel in consensus reality.
It combines the real image with dynamic 3D elements to create scenes you can enjoy in 360 º, or you can can move and continue to see different images.
Inmersive reality is virtual, in real time, live and without devices. The subject does not need helmets, cables, glasses or green screens.
In exhibitions and presentations the immersive experience increases the ability to receive, understand and retain the message. The speaker can enter in a digital environment and interact with 3D virtual elements, so that speaker and attendees will be immersed in it.
Smart Spaces is a new technology that allows the user to connect automatically to a specific spot in the library via their smartphone.
- Automatic silence: This featurel silence automatically your cell phone when you enter in the area and it de-activates when leaving.
- Analytics: It collects data regarding users behavior and interaction, and the effectivity of publicity and campaigns.
- Web management: Easy management of the Smart Spaces (content, statistics, configuration...) all from one simple platform.
The user can interact with the information using a multi-touch control device.
By using Leap Motion, a small device found in front of the computer screen, the user can precisely capture hands, fingers and objects in movement. Because of this technology, the keyboard and mouse are replaced when the user needs to navigate the web, draw or zoom in (and out) on maps, photos, etc.