The library’s latest technological project has been to develop a Skill for Alexa so that users can access many of the library’s resources and information using Amazon’s voice assistant.
This Skill may be expanded and its functionality improved in successive updates.
To invoke the skill it is only necessary to indicate “Alexa, open IE University Library”. You can find a device on the 5th floor of the IE Tower and at the entrance of the Segovia library.
The programming of the following commands is contemplated:
- 5 voice response commands.
- 1 action command
- Alexa, tell me the opening hours of the library
- Alexa, where can I pick up a book on the IE Tower?
- Alexa, how can I ask for a book to be brought to my
- IE Tower?
- Alexa, what is the library’s website?
- Alexa, how can I contact a librarian?